11-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #20
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
Why remove this feature for non USA bound cars? Saves a per pence/cents on the car costs? I presume all the electrics are still in the car to support the 4th button. I wonder if the electrics are still in the fob (just the button removed?). I can get the back off my key, but don't want to break it in two to see the PCB.

Maybe BMW think you should be using your phone app to flash the lights, unless you've got the Android version which is
Using the remote app would be a poor substitute in any case as it takes over a minute to respond and it flashes 3 times rather than just keeps them on for a short time

A better substitute is to unlock your car but that has some disadvantages like unnecessarily moving seats and mirrors and switching on internal lights. Car will lock again automatically if you have that set up and forget to lock.

Perhaps a knowledgeable dealer would know the answer as to why they took it away

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0