10-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschiotz View Post
Ok,tghanks. I red through the thread but its stil som things that its not clear to me:
Do I need the wiring and cradle for using the remote apps? Thats the most important for me at the moment(starting the heather remotely via Iphone) Allso,I have been using Android but will recieve the Iphone 5 next week. That makes the present Iohone cradle obsolete for me,right?
I'm not sure on the remote heating app specifically. Maybe someone else has this and can answer but you don't need BMW Apps for things like remote ventilation using the My BMW Remote app. All you need is pro nav and an active BMW Assist subscription (for SIM access). As I understand it, all available 6NR apps are bundled under one BMW Connected app - and for me this is only Web Radio, News, Twitter, Facebook, Last Mile, Calendar, Wiki Local, ECO PRO Analyzer. Hopefully you can extend My BMW Remote or get something similar that can start up the heater etc without any need for 6NR.

Re. wiring and iPhone 5: yes, no point in cradle as it won't work until they bring out the new iPhone 5 cradle next June. I think the extra wiring is only needed to carry the video data signal but I also think you would have to rewire the back of the CIC in any case (even if you didn't run the video cable) because once you recode for 6NR it will be looking at a different port.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0