12-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Bmw. X3 Goes 3-d.

X3 GOES 3-D

Taken From my Blog. 12/02/10.

With the embracement of 3-D technology due to the advancement in modern culture and entertainment Avatar anyone? ( No I have not seen it yet, So I cannot give you an opinion)

The next stage will be to move 3D technology into active promotion.
Given BMW's advancement as a car company that has embraced new ideas within marketing such as use of Facebook , You Tube and Twitter in the promotion of BMW and MINI products at specific demographics ie with the MINI brand and key volume products such as the 1er and X1.
To bring automotive marketing into the social networking arena.

BMW could be the first car company to bring 3-D technology to an active promotion , The first vehicle to embrace this medium could be the upcoming X3 Sport Activity Vehicle in which the marketing will showcase the X3 in specifc areas of the world known for their beauty and scope.

Although no decision has been taken yet before filming begins in March. If the project receives the green light it is likely the film would be filmed on conventional digital and converted into 3-D during post production. rather than 3-D outright for cost efficiency.

And here it is....

The BMW X3 meets 3-D.
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...tml#mediaID-17