View Single Post
      07-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #50
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2.0d Mineral Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich4 View Post
My biggest disappointment (European 2.0d auto) is the drive experience – the feel of driving is not what I had in previous BMW models with responsive steering and throttle (320d, 325i). I put it down to the introduction of the eco/comfort/sport configuration, where the ‘sport’ setting is what should be the default setting (giving the normal or standard feel as in previous cars, before introduction of electronic controls i.e. the norm), and comfort mode is actually a dumbing down of the car’s capabilities bringing in a reduced (vague)steering feel, a lag in accelerator response, and elimination of engine back pressure when throttle is released; as for Eco mode (sleep mode), forget it. Unfortunately a short test drive before placing an order, isn’t sufficient to make one aware of some of the short comings, the more so as at the time demo cars were few and far between. In order to enjoy it I have it in sport mode the whole time.
Oh well, didn't you expect such differences with a 4x4 "cube-form" heavier car? I believe that considering the massive amount of weight with respect to my previous 320d, adding the all-wheel drive, plus such a penalizing form factor for aerodynamics, the car still has a lot of stamina. You should have gone for the 3.0d!
Appreciate 0