YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theatermax View Post
They totally screwed me.. There is no sales documentation that states if you buy the tech package Vs buying the Nav package that the cluster changes. This is a very bad marketing issue on the their part and I am not okay with this. If I knew I was going to get a half screen cluster I would have ordered tech. I was told the only difference if you order Nav without tech is you lose Hud which is what all the info on the web site shows. There is nothing for ordering a car that tells you you will get the old cluster style.

Imagine driving the X4 at the dealer and falling in love with the Screen on the Dash and then yours comes in after waiting almost 2 months and the cluster isn't what you saw at the dealer. This is the position I am in and I am not going to accept this. My X3 has the nicer cluster and this isn't going to fly. I am going to ask them to replace the car with one with the correct cluster as this is BMW's fault for not saying a word about this.. I made it very clear what I wanted and they very much told me its the same thing with and without tech just HUD would be removed.
If you did have a very specific conversation with your CA about the difference between Tech and just Nav and your CA just "assumed" the only difference was HUD that is his bad. If you havent taken delivery yet then you can just not accept it and have them re-build the car. You will be in for the wait again but i seriously doubt they will do a retrofit on it. It seem dealers just dont swap parts like they used to do in the old days. I just looked over my build sheet on the X4 Im getting for my spouse and it doesnt even mention the extended cluster and to be honest you will not see it on just basic information sheets and its total BS..i feel they should tell the customers exactly what the difference is no matter how tiny the detail. Enthusiasts like us except those tiny details that a normal shopper would give a second thought. If you are able to re-order i would go with the full Tech as the HUD is pretty handy as is the remote services piece. I hope you can get it corrected. situation sucks.
Appreciate 0