View Single Post
      10-03-2015, 11:39 PM   #1
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport

Have you ever?? (Sorry not for N20 engines :p )

Made the real wheels skid out for more than 3 seconds in a straight line, in the rain??? Now hear me out before you start thinking....

I drive a stock 2013 35i M Sport, only mods are Electronic golf tee mod and a clean K&N drop in. My tires are DWS Conti's all around 245/45/19. The rear left is about 6000 miles newer due to a replacement, but that's besides the point. If you know this tire they are both missing the "S", meaning that they are now, no good for snow...

So when it rains and when it's safe of course, I always try to see if I can get the rear wheels to spin out when DSC is off or in Sport Plus. After almost 3 years guys:

I FINALLY DID IT!! This freakin 4200lb SAV has enough to spin the wheels in the rain for a pretty prolonged period of time mind you. I did it once for 3 sec on Sport Plus and again for about 4 sec with DSC.

I did it using a new launch method that I thought of last night through trial and error. If you care to continue reading, this is how I did it:

I simultaneously with both feet press the brake down to the floor and the gas just before the kick down. I released the brake within 1 to 1.5 seconds. The launch is so aggressive the wheels WILL spin in the rear if you try. The revs went up to about 2200-2500. I have not tried this in the dry but I will update you guys to see how it is, obv the wheels won't spin out but the take off may be better.

Now for those of you that know how to do an awesome launch in the X3, you pretty much hold the brake all the way down and then gently bring the revs up to the desired amount and then release the brake. All in all it could take up to 3 seconds. By reducing this to 1.5 seconds and doing it simultaneously,
You'll get better results, I guarantee it.

For those that don't follow my post. I pulled a 1.9 seconds in the 60 foot at the drag strip. That's a pretty good launch.

And for those of you with the little 4 banger. Don't worry one day you'll get there bud.

Last edited by Crashnbrn5; 10-08-2015 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0