View Single Post
      02-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #50
marmite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
1 SE (again biased) but .... I still think the white M Sport at the Paris Motor Show with 20" alloys looks awesome. Much better than the Chicago titanium silver M Sport

Well I agree, White looks great - I just can't stomach having a white car in rarely sunny, quite often overcast Britain
I like Black too, but I want a black interior (well I like the look of Oyster leather, but that's a non starter with kids IMO) - and I feel black exterion, black interion and sun protection glass, is just too foreboding.
So, I've ruled out white and black.

Don't like either of the blues, I'm not adventurous enough to go for red, although some of the recent pics look pretty good I have to say.

I've also recently ruled out Mineral Silver, I like it, but I'm slightly worried it's not going to look freat when a bit old.

So, I'm left with Space Grey, Titanium Silver really.
But M Sport or not to M Sport.

I agree wit comments re. looking less 4x4 - I said so myself earlier and/or in other threads. However, I think that is over-emphasised in these configurator photos, in all the real photos posted, M Sport looks a lot better IMO - I think this is because the configurator pics are angles as if you are on head height with the bottom of the window sill - i.e. too low, so you get an exaggerated/extended view of the sills and rear end.

I don't know, it's a very hard decision - I like the rest of the M Sport additions/changes. I'm think I'll go M Sport in the end.

A couple of dealers I spoke to (who knew I'd ordered at another dealer in their network, so had little self interest) - have suggest that most in the UK on the previous X3 3.0d and on the X5 - have bought the M Sport version - he thought resale was also better.
Appreciate 0