View Single Post
      09-24-2014, 04:17 AM   #3
k.monsma
Rep
Drives: X3 20D XDRIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKinthe626 View Post
I took delivery of my 2015 X3 sDrive28 MSport about 2 months ago. I love the car. Drives great, accelerates great. However, the engine sound from the interior is very un-BMW'ish under normal driving and full throttle. Since its the N20 2.0 4-banger, it sounds like a 4-banger - even dare to say it sounds kind of like a Honda Civic (I know, insult!)

I test drove a 428i with the same N20 over the weekend and I was shocked how great that car sounded from the interior. With the same N20 motor, it sounded like a true 6 cyl, and in sport mode, was able to hear that awesome 'dumping' sound between hard shifts in the exhaust. Despite the exhaust, the motor truly made a completely different sound, deeper and throatier. I was almost convinced it was a 6 cyl. I literally had to step out of the car to inspect the rear 428i badging.

Anyone know how this was achieved onthe 428i? And does anyone know of an intake/exhaust mod to make it sound similar on the X3 28? Has anyone tried?

-Thanks
Thats because the 428i has the Active Sound Device that enhances the engine sound throught the sopeakers:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...72&hg=65&fg=25

Maybe you can add the ASD device to your X3 and tehn code it correctly.
Appreciate 0