09-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #9
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by weilun731 View Post
Thanks Dukat. Are you sure the dealer don't make money on each option added? I heard that they do get some rebate on it on other brand . Not sure if BMW is the same case. Anyways, I will try to work on my deal harder.
I'm not positive, but if you think about a dealers profit margin. It's Dealer Holdback (certain amount below invoice) + any amount above invoice + any addons they sell you later on, like mud guards.

Let's say dealer holdback is $800. If you tell them you will only pay $500 above invoice, then their profit would be $800+500.

If you get a fully loaded car but you still want to pay invoice, then their profit should remain $800 hold back + $500 above invoice.

BMW corporate may make money off packages, but I don't believe the dealer does.. at least not if you're set to pay the same $ over invoice regardless of what you choose.

My dealer didn't push any options on me either. He didn't care if I took HUD or no HUD, metallic paint for or plain. He said, "Choose what you like". I figure if their profit would go up he'd try to get me to select more options.

I could be wrong about this whole thing.
Appreciate 0