View Single Post
      05-14-2011, 05:42 AM   #1
DJ Daddy-O
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMX X3 F25 2011

Pictures at last

Hopefully pictures will appear when I submit this post - first time I have tried to upload so fingers crossed.

Had my car 2 week now so thought I would share my thoughts so far.

Overall very pleased with my car - spec is space grey, black leather, xenon, sport seats, heated seats, DAB, folding mirrors, x-line and business nav. It is always difficult to choose your spec when there is so much choice but to a large extent I was guided by what was available because I bought the dealership showroom model. If I had been speccing to order I wouldn't have gone for Xenon or DAB.

As it happens, these are near the top of my list of must haves now. The xenons are simply unbelievable in terms of light they emit and I would never be without them again. I was totally indifferent about DAB but use it everyday searching out new stations (Absolute Radio 90's is a hit).

The sport seats are great. No elec adjustment (other than side bolsters) despite what it says in the manual and it does take a while to get the settings right but once I hit the right spot then they are very comfy and the bolsters do their job well. Getting the right position is made slightly more tricky with what appear high pedal settings therefore had to set the seat higher too. Not needed to use heated seats yet.

The nav is proving useful as expected but I love the send to car function from google/iphone app. Also love BMW online - the technology packed into this car is just brilliant.

Iphone/bluetooth etc all connected straight away no problems; seeing artwork etc using the white apple cable connected to the USB in armrest. Had no problems with mobile signal strength so not going to bother with a snap-in adapter.

Chrome exhaust - get one. Simple as that. Finishes the rear of the car.

Ride without all the electric trickery is really very good. A colleague commented on the motorway is felt like you were floating along. This is true. Steering has a really good weighting - you can feel the 4 wheel drive, which I like. I accept steering feel is not akin to a 3 series, but this is a much taller car with higher profile tyres so I would expect that. Overall - very very happy and glad I didn't opt for VDC as for what I need in a car it would have been a waste of money.

The engine is good. Can be a bit rattley at low revs but when warm and on the move is it just fine. Manual gearbox now loosening up and I like it. Again, glad I didn't opt for the auto as I greatly prefer the manual and there seemed to be quite a bit of bias towards the auto in all the reviews. The engine works just fine with the manual and third gear ha some great pick up.

I don't so much have wind noise from the drivers door but I do notice the noise of passing traffic quite a lot more than my previous car. Just need to get used to that I guess.

So far - 800 miles - I have averaged just under 40mpg, which I am pleased about. This is a mix of town and motorway and the last 100 miles or so I have been heavier with my right foot so it may drop a little.

Can't think of anything else right now ! Hopefully you are not bored reading down to here
Attached Images

Appreciate 0