05-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3emist View Post
Are you serious, you have to break in the sound system. Not saying this isn't true it is just I have never heard such before. I am also disheartened to hear others are not happy with the premium sound. I would rather have a problem that could be fixed as opposed to having to live with this. I will give the settings above a try and hope this is of some help. What happened to the DSP option that used to be offered. 2 of our other BMW's have this option which could be why they sound way better.
He's serious. In fact on my home system I'll run pink noise through it for three days just to start a piece of equipment to break in. Not trying to be insulting, but the fact you are not aware this may reflect on your knowledge to judge an audio system. But then again as a professional audio engineer blogger wrote; there is no perfect sound; it is only our perception of what we think is the perfect sound and how that sound makes us respond. A lot of us just want a flat output line with no DSP/Surround or anything else. We want your systems to as closely as possible reflect what the artist and support people recorded. I've run a audio test CD quickly through the CD player the system performs quite well. Many of us are happy with the premium sound, especially at the price point.
Appreciate 0