11-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
T89
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i & Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxeech View Post
Great review, thanks! I'm heading off to test-drive on Sunday. Personally looking forward to 30d or whatever they call it (N55 with diesel), will be a great company to my 135i.

Seems like I will be ticking a lot of options!
At launch, 20d and 35i are available. 28i will be available for order in January for March delivery. 30d will be available for order in March for April/May delivery. M pack will be available for April/May orders for June delivery.

That's what I've been told by my SA. Of course this is based on Swiss market but I'm assuming it should be the same for most of Europe.

30d will come with the same engine as in x5 xdrive 30d albeit slightly tweaked. This would be my diesel of choice as it's already strong enough in an x5 and would make up for the lack of power higher in the rev range in the 20d.

Something I'd like to clear up. The F25 isn't the best suv/sav out there handling wise. That goes to the x6 M and new cayenne. It's just that it was much more than what I was expecting out of it. Caught me by surprise. That's why I gave it high marks.

I just drove my Dad's x5 35d this morning. Quick comparison would be that the ride is stiffer in the x5. X5 is compared to sport mode on the F25. Normal mode is smoother.

T
Appreciate 0