01-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #1
PKizzle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E36 M3, X4 M40

New Guy, sort of

Hey All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've spent a bit of time on the E90 forums, and have been lurking around the X3 forum these past few weeks since we started looking at an X3 28i for my wife.

We initially considered the Q5 2.0and the RX 350 as well. I would not have minded the Q5 at all, but was a little apprehensive that my wife may end up preferring the Lexus. I have an intense dislike for all things Lexus, but this turned out to be a non-concern as 5 minutes into the test drive she was like 'whoa...this thing drives just like my dad's minivan...I hate it!'. The look on the salesman's face was priceless.

Test driving the X3 pretty much clinched it. She was grinning the whole time. Her current car is an Infiniti EX35 and I was surprised that she seemed to think the X3 was even more fun to drive than the EX. We placed the order in mid-December and the status just changed to 'Production Started'. Our CA thinks we should be able to get the car by end of January. Will post pictures once we pick her up. Cannot wait.

This is our config,

Mineral Silver X3 28i
Mojave Leather Interior
Wave Wood trim
Premium Package
Lighting Package
Driver Assistance Package
Heated Seats
Satin Roof Rails

I am a long time BMW believer, but my wife has never expressed any interest in driving. So way to go BMW - you've made even an avowed 'I don't care about driving' girl pick a car based on how much fun it was to drive.
Appreciate 0