View Single Post
      03-07-2011, 09:24 AM   #14
walendvay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 F25 28i; '13 E84 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Seriously? The engineers who designed the vehicle define a maintenance schedule and folks are convinced that the "wisdom" of a blog demands ignoring that schedule?

How do those on the blog know better than the BMW engineers? They've designed, produced, and maintained cars that are doing better than the BMW approach? What cars are those, I might like to buy one.

Or we're saying the BMW bean counters have calculated that they can save X dollars by doing fewer oil changes and the damage will only show up after the warranty period at which point the cars will crap out but nobody will care and happily return to buy additional BMWs? Reinforcing the BMW bottom line through encouraging early death of their luxury cars leading to repeat purchases? That's the business model you figure BMW has instituted to compete with MB, Audi, and Lexus? Save a buck on the oil changes and damn the engines?

Not buying it. I'm going with the idea that BMW earnestly believes its maintenance recommendations and I'll follow them.
Engineers are sometimes told what to do by the accountants!
Appreciate 0