View Single Post
      04-18-2011, 04:30 AM   #46
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey81 View Post
I'd say that VDC is not an "essential" option. I think the basic idea is flawed, with the normal, sport and sport+ settings. This is especially true if you are going for the any of the dieselversions.

I think if the option was connected to air suspension, and affected the ride height and was setup with "comfort, normal, sport" it would actually make sense. As you have now, the normal setting is no more comfortable than the standard suspension, and even sport+ the difference is hardly noticeable.

Fun gimmick, but in most case adds none/little value.
In that case it's highly probable that the optional M-tech suspension (std w/M-pkg) for the new X3 is good enough as a substitute for VDC as they share all components apart from the dampers.
As VDC only allows 2 damping settings (normal & sport), it's likely the M suspension uses damping rates that are similar to what sport setting is on the VDC. So far, all we know is there's not much difference between normal & sport with VDC, so we can assume the M suspension will not affect ride quality that much as it's just=VDC set permanently to sport setting.
Btw, if u order M suspension then it comes with "Performance Control", which is sort of like a e-lsd.
Appreciate 0