View Single Post
      04-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #24
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i

I waited nearly 5 months for my Canadian delivery. I think that 4 months for a custom-built car is par for the course, and I agree that 8 months is too long for something that we feel is ours already at the time of the order. But on the other hand, think about the delays in consumer electronics: for example the Android tablet operating system, which is not even hardware and thus does not suffer from the distribution shortages of a complex supply chain, has been announced for ages and will not be available for a while yet. The iPad 2 was so supply constrained that of the 76 countries who can buy an iPad only 25 have access to the iPad 2 and for those the wait is about a month. If you live in India, you can rejoice that after a 6 month wait or so, you can now buy the old model whereas the new model will not come until fall.

The key in my case is not falling prey of the frenzy that marketing builds around a still unavailable product. I had to wait for 2 years for this X3, from the initial rumours to last July's official presentation and finally my purchase in November and delivery in March. I would have gone crazy if I hadn't managed my expectations. I refuse to let 6 months or two years of wait time deprive me of enjoying my life.
Appreciate 0