View Single Post
      05-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Apparent Profile Failure

Just had the car serviced to fix a sport seat and add sat radio. One of y'all questioned me on my configuration w/o it. I was confident I wouldn't miss it. I did. Re the seat. A connection came loose and the side bolsters stopped moving -- all better now. At the same time they upgraded the software. Haven't notice any difference, but I guess it was done.

I was happy in my expectation that this newer "profile" deal would ensure that my settings weren't lost. Either I misunderstood, something went wrong, I did something wrong, or it just plain didn't work.

Lost my seat position. I know I'm a whiny spoiled BMW owner, but dang it annoys my that the "perfect" position was just tossed to the wind. I shouldn't be so particular about it, and I shouldn't care, but I do. Also lost all my radio presets and the programmable buttons. The settings for DHP were not only lost, they switched to "Drivetrain Only".

The music on the HD stayed, address book stayed, mirrors stayed. All general settings for the car (lights, flashing, signals, tailgate height, etc.) all stayed. The profile with my name was still there, but loading it didn't return the "lost items".

Anyway, glad to have it back. The 328i loaner was nice enough, but I realized how much I've really grown to like the F25.

The consumption of the 328i was higher in traffic, lower on the highway. Given the amount of traffic I encounter on my daily commutes, kinda felt better about the F25!