View Single Post
      09-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
rmmcdaniel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3

BMW had one of the new X3s in the Owner's Pavillion at the BMW Championship golf tournament in Chicago last weekend and I was impressed with the amount of usable space inside it. I'm 6' tall and after moving the front seats into the positions I would drive/ride in, I sat in the backseats and had plenty of legroom for a long journey. The cargo hold was also a lot bigger than expected.

The interior fit/finish was much improved as far as design and features, but the dash materials were not a major upgrade over the current 3 series (my '09 E90 M3 is the best reference I have). Not a huge disappointment given the price point and where it sits in the lineup, but obviously would have been nice to have materials closer to the new 5 series.

Overall I was impressed. We are debating b/w the new X3 or an X5 as a second vehicle and will definitely lean towards the X3 assuming the M-sport model looks as nice in person as it does in the photos.