04-10-2014, 02:50 AM   #15
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slawing View Post
At the time I wrote it, I was correct. The US configurator for 2015 X3 just went live yesterday afternoon. It's was bad yesterday, and better today, but still not complete. I talked to a sales rep yesterday and he has access to configure a X3 with options beyond what is shown on the configurator. Bottom line, I think the on-line configurator is good for getting an idea of what you want, but a visit with a good sales rep is the best way to finalize a configuration and costs.
The configuration did go live that day, but there where already news and press releases in other areas of the site... BMWusa.com has other areas of information available to the public. i got the High Def photos a week before from BMWusa.com

the configuration is broken even to BMW internally... i told him the sales person in Wurzburg i wanted every option available... and he was able to do it... minus the staggered setup... he told me i could get it but it would have to be an after sales purchase... which meant i would have 6 wheels total... He asked me if i was interested in German Spec model and that it had deeper configuration options..... He had tons of high def pictures from the UK model and they have Euro models for test driving but although they do have staggered wheels they still dont look quite like the one in the pictures.... it seems like maybe the vehicle height and wheels were altered quite a bit for the photo shoot...

He really explained to me that each country has a its own market requirements and options, and that BMW AG just builds what is asked from the different markets....

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 04-10-2014 at 03:20 AM..
Appreciate 0