View Single Post
      07-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #2
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwajJay View Post
I'm ordering an X3 from the BMW military sales program (MSP)and I'm thinking about picking my X3 at the PCD. I'm wondering what paperwork needs to be in hand or completed beforehand to pick up your vehicle. Since I'm stationed overseas so it's a little hard to do a lot of the required paperwork from overseas.
I think the red herring here, and the reason you're not getting much in the way of help with your query, is the MSP element, which many on these boards will not be familiar with - including me.

In my conventional stateside sale some years ago, the local dealer merely checked a box on the order form (just as if it were another option) for the PCD, and it was made so.

I suspect that your sales liaison through the MSP would do something similar, but may not be sophisticated in such matters - to your detriment. You should ask and become convinced if this is what you want.

I will say that the PCD was worth every penny (but then again it WAS free) - and I assume you mean Spartanburg PCD and not the Euro delivery with a fam and drive time before shipment to the States (though that sounds like a blast too).

Good luck, and thanks for your service (I was a Navy aviator for 10 years).