View Single Post
      10-09-2017, 09:38 AM   #18
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post
I keep thinking that a dark oak wood with black interior would make it look more upscale. That combo they got there just makes the trim blend into the leather.

Anyway, the knock on the X3 earlier on was that the inside didn't look luxurious enough so they went and added a lot more wood trimmings but then when I look at the 2018 X3, it looks like they scaled back on the wood trimmings, unless I'm just not seeing the whole picture.
Tend to agree with the use of wood rather than a metal-type trim accent but that will be personal preference. Having enjoyed wood-working some over the years I always lean towards wood. And we're going to go with the grey poplar for our Vernasca black interior to stay with the darker tint as well (once again, personal preference).

I wasn't sure about the use of wood in the G01 c/w previous versions, so took a few pictures of our 2012 X3 35i and placed them together. Although they did change where it goes, overall looks to be about the same amount of Wood surface area used, give or take.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0