View Single Post
      09-20-2015, 07:08 PM   #1
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Accident repairs, couple quick questions

Our car was in a minor (by BMW standards) accident when another driver tried to share the same lane as my wife.

Long story short, the front bumper cover, headlight, fog light, rim and front fender were replaced by a certified BMW repair shop.

When I picked up the car I noticed the inside of the fender was black and not painted AW like the original part.

The shop assured me the undercoating goop was better than a painted surface but I disagreed with them. It makes the repair very obvious and I think the inner fender needs to be painted.

Additionally, the paint has a black/blueish undertone whereas the original panels have a creamy white colour. Obviously the shop sprayed over black primed panels. Should they not have primed the panels with a light primer before shooting the AW?

Even though the car was repaired using OEM parts the car isn't worth as much so I think we are going to go after diminished value.

Thoughts about the black inner fender colour and paint colour match?