View Single Post
      01-09-2023, 04:16 PM   #14
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
I don't see a ton of benefit of using a site-to-site VPN for this. Unless you're trying to encrypt a wide variety of traffic. Though it will likely make it a bit easier to implement the storage array replication.

I'd probably just do something simple over SSL/SSH to get the same level of encryption as your VPN.

Both methods will achieve what you're seeking though
The reason I'm doing a site to site is because there are things I want to be able to access over there and vice versa depending on where I am physically located. One thing which will be nice is to get my IP phones at my vacation home running through the site to site to work with my call manager at my primary home. Currently, I'm using a unique layer 2 extension solution between locations. And yes, I'm planning on using Equallogic SAN replication across the tunnel as I have a PS6100 at my primary home and a PS4000 at my vacation home. I'm trying to get OSPF working between the two locations but I think I'm running into a SonicWall limitation on requiring a static public IP. So I'm going to try coding in static routes to get the routing working.
Appreciate 0