07-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #20
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
I'm skeptical of the frequent "rides better, better mileage" claims. When I swap out old Runflats for new, it rides better and gets better mileage. Comparing old Runfalts to new non-run flats might well not tell the whole story.

Even if true, I'd rather spend the money on the tires, the gas, and tolerate the oh so harsh ride than leave my wife on the side of a freeway with a $39 air pump and a flat tire on a $50k car. Those are just my priorities, though. As said above, whatever works for you.
When I swapped out my RFT at 1000km with non-RFT on my 135i, I got better mileage, it accelerates more freely and it rides better. We have a 125i with RFT and it is clear that the 135i rode better. The 125i doing similar runs to the 135i uses more fuel. The sales manager on the dealership drove the car when I traded in and thought the car was chipped.

However, I would never swapped out my wife's RFT for safety reason. Hence, the RFT stayed on the 125i, and will stay on the X3.

To the OP - is having another set of tires for trips is an option? I am not sure if there's anything you can add to carry a spare tire.
Appreciate 0