04-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #67
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
I honestly believe that it's not a BMW problem or even not a problem with my specific dealership, but is just the way the automotive industry is evolving. All passenger vehicles are MUCH more complicated due to safety, emissions, performance and efficiency requirements. One can expect to see a small percentage of any product to have production defects. The issue is how the company deals with those defects. A fault like what we're seeing on the X3 can happen to any vehicle, and each new vehicle has it's share of both early, and then "late" problems.

I'm not blaming BMW's design - I think it's one of the best currently available - but I do question the way they're handling this specific case and the way they handled Judd's. he did eventually have his car repaired, but it should not have taken so long, and my repair should not be taking so long. One short phone call, instead of 24 to 48 hour email turnarounds would seem to be a better way to communicate.

I think my next step will be to begin writing BMW NA and telling them what I think about their fault correction process.
Good post. Agree with your assessment of the situation. Stay cool, man.