View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
heatherg
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Looking at 2015 X3

2013 BMW X3 XDRIVE28I - Purchase or run away?

Hello All,

New to the forum and to BMW's. Need your advice as to whether to purchase a used X3 or not. I have one in my sights, 80k miles, clean Carfax, one owner. Local dealership, can get for $13-$15k.

My story is this...long time 6 speed Jeep Wrangler owner. Last week my e-brake failed on a small incline while parked and started to roll. I tried to stop it so it would not roll onto the main street, but I was sucked under in the process. I have a broken ankle and am pretty banged up, but alive and fortunately my body stopped the vehicle at the curb, so no one else was hurt. As I sit in my boot after surgery, I know I can't drive the Jeep again. I need something safer, yet still fun. I am interested in the X3 and this deal came to my attention.

Please give me some advice here. I left my job before the accident, so price is definitely a consideration, thats why used is in the picture. Is this a reliable vehicle? Are repair costs through the roof? Is this a good deal? Any specific questions I should ask the dealer?

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0