View Single Post
      04-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #38
jbinbi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

I am not sure if I am comparing apples to apples:

I had 128i with sports package (seats), but manual adj. I sold the car because I could not get comfortable with them. I am middle aged, 5.10, 188.

They were absolutely great when you are really hammering it around a curve, and just a blast to be in. Held you in great. But on regular hwy driving, I could not find a good position. I don't know if it was because they were manual, because it was a 1 series sports car so they were low, or what. The seat angle was never correct for me on the bottom or top, my knee was always hitting the steering column. I also found the seats too narrow at the top.

When I looked at my x3 35i, the car on the lot that had everything I wanted did not have sports seats. I like my seats alot, they are very comfortable. I will agree with others that if you take a turn at good speed, you will not be held in like with the sport seats. I did sit in a x3 w sports seats, didn't drive a car with them so I can't say if they were like the sport seats in the 1 series.

I should also mention that both my 20+ yr old sons had no problems with the seats in my 1 series, and continually offered to take the car off my hands if i really felt that uncomfortable in it;-)
Appreciate 0