View Single Post
      11-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

is M Sport a poser car?

I know this has been discussed in threads before, but I thought I would ask the question again, knowing that owners of the M Sport will say no, and owners of true Ms will probably say yes.

I have owned 2 Ms before and currently own an AMG, and like everyone else I have seen TRUE poser cars out in the wild, you know that old 318 with the emblem taken off and the M3 added, or people who don't even bother to do that and just stick the M emblem next to the 3XX emblem,

I ended up getting the package with my X3 because I like the trim better and the M steering wheel is so nice.

To me a poser car is one that wants people to think its something that it isn't and I don't think M Sport cars qualify as that. No where on the outside of M Sport cars does it say M (well not yet, hopefully BMW doesn't ever do that, like S-Line). anything that does say "M" on the car have every right to do so because its an M part, like the M Wheels or Steering wheel. Not a huge fan of the floor panels as I don't see the need for that, but oh well.

Now I would never add an M Emblem, but is adding an M Vinyl window sticker (small one in corner of rear window) going too far? to me its showing that I am a fan of the M Division, not trying to say my car is an M, but I guess it could be viewed that way...

BMW is going to continue to push the "M Sport" packages because they are huge margin items for them, but as long as they keep it under control by just using some M Parts and not saying M anything on the outside I am fine with it, what about you guys/gals?
Appreciate 0