View Single Post
      12-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #24
darskiczd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyesi View Post
Alpine or anyone else, do you happen to know the offset of the 18" wheels? I will be placing my order within the next week for a delivery of around late January/early Februrary and need to get snow tires. I'm ordering the 19" wheels so summer tires won't cut it here in Chicago. I'm assuming it is close to the outgoing X3's +42mm offset but would like a more definitive answer and I don't think the dealer will know until they get their demo car.
My dealer is reporting an offset of 43mm. Note that this is the same dealer that is reporting 5x125 bolt pattern which seems ridiculous. The part number for the 18" rim is 36 11 6 787 578. I think they got the 43mm part right because I see it in the Part Supplement.

I have the same problem as you (getting 19" summers in a city that gets snow) except our X3 could be here by early January. Dealer has no demo/showroom model and I don't believe that they have gone to a 5x125 bolt pattern so I am hoping somebody who has already taken delivery can measure it for me so I can get the wheels in motion (literally).

Last edited by darskiczd; 12-17-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0