View Single Post
      10-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #38
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitkis View Post
I prefer also BMW and would not go Audi. There are technical differences between these systems and their performance varies depending on driving situation. I think BMW may be the best system since it sounds the most flexible and variable 4wd system in the industry. But if Audi can prove they are better, ok, they haven't beaten a bad competitor. They are not using bad sensor either, perhaps supplied by the same subcontractor with BMW...

Buying xDrive or Quattro is getting like getting a gold medal of snow driving. Arguing all after that is just about do you get world record at the same time or not...if you don't drive on ice or snow, xDrive is not needed anyway IMO.

It's much easier to compare RS5 and M3 on track and measure laptimes than try to estimate snow-going capabilities of two different cars. You can compare them side-by-side in real life environment, but have you seen it? Sometimes, but not very often.

How many estimate laptimes based on "sensor quality" or parking area test-rig behaviour?
I think you are quite confused. I never said Audi uses bad sensors, it has nothing to do with Good or Bad sensor... It is purely related with how the system handles.

Also, Haldex coupling is better for fuel economy and drive-train loss then Torsen used in quattro. Torsen is heavy.

Last edited by Evice; 10-24-2010 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0