View Single Post
      09-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
DGDuerr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaminmaryland View Post
2012 X3 28i. Recently related to a transfer case change, software was reloaded. I noticed (as has another poster) that an option in the IDrive 'settings' appeared that hadn't been there before.........."Sport Mode" which allows driver to select 'chassis + transmission' or can select either individually.
I asked the dealer service dept about this (a good service dept in my experience). I was concerned the presence of this new setting may indicate they had loaded the wrong software. After checking vehicles on their lot (all '13's I assume) they're under assumption that all X3's have the 'sport' button on the console near the 'traction' and the shifter.
My 2012 doesn't have a 'sport' selection button and 'sport mode' did not appear in Idrive settings originally. Leads me to believe that the new settings have zero effect since I can't select 'sport'.........or at least there's no such buttion my console near the shifter.

Question - - - - - on the 2012's was 'sport mode' an option or standard for all X3's?
In hopes that I haven't gone stupid!
Yes, I have the same thing on my X3 28i, after a software update occured about 3 months ago. My dealer told me that suspension will not change, but the gear ratio/and the way the vehicle shifts will be more agressive - and will not go into the 7th gear when in sport mode. The settings on your idrive software have no effect, you are correct.