View Single Post
      03-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #159
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Email updates from BMW UK. And perhaps importantly, the promise of "a definitive answer" from "the Technical Manager at BMW Germany"

I wish I could just give the Technical Manager at BMW Germany a call directly. I'm sure I'd resolve seconds what has so far taken BMW UK months.

Quote:
from GBCustomerSupport@bmwfin.com
to sxxx@gmail.com

date 1 March 2011 16:35
subject RE: CS1: [SRNUMBER=1-6641861460]
Important mainly because of the words in the message.

Dear Mr Xxx

Thank you for your email dated February 27, 2011. I am sorry you have had cause to contact us again as you feel the answers you have received are contradictory. I have passed this correspondence to the Technical Manager at BMW Germany for a definitive answer..

I will contact you as soon as I receive a reply. Thank you for your patience on this matter.

Yours sincerely

BMW Group UK
Carl Stokes
Customer Service Executive
Ellesfield Avenue
Bracknell RG12 8TA
Tel: 0870 5050160
Fax: 0870 5050205
Mail: customer.service@bmw.co.uk
URL: www.bmw.co.uk

Sent: 27 February 2011 21:02
To: BMW UK Customer Support
Subject: CS1: [SRNUMBER=1-6641861460]

OK, in typical BMW UK fashion your answer is confused. I’ll pose the question differently.

I own a BMW X3, manufactured in January and with the Professional Multimedia package. Up until now BMW UK, and specifically John Brookes has said that it will be possible to buy 6NR as an accessory, that you will need the 6NR software update, and a new media snap-in adaptor for the iPhone 4 and the Professional Multimedia Package.

So here is the question for you again. Try to answer it specifically.

Will I be able to buy 6NR as an accessory? An accessory, not a factory fitted option.

This email thread has replied yes to this question a few times and now you have replied with an answer specific to iPhone 4 and said that 6NR is hardware not software in direct contradiction to all of the earlier correspondence from BMW UK . 6NR is available for 3G, 3GS and 4. It is not specific to iPhone 4. I don’t see what “retrofit for iPhone 4 means”? The “retro fit” is with respect to the car, not the iPhone device.

If the answer is no, you are now saying that 6NR is hardware not software in contradiction to everything BMW UK have said up until now (refer to emails on this case).

Please answer carefully.

On 25 February 2011 13:13, <GBCustomerSupport@bmwfin.com> wrote:

Dear Mr Xxx

Thank you for your email dated February 23, 2011.

With regards to the information supplied in previous correspondence with respect to availability of the option 6NR, I can confirm that it is not possible to retro fit this option for the iPhone4 in this country. This is because it is a hardware fit rather than a software update.

With respect to the information carried on the attached pdf, this is with regard to the United States market, therefore I am unable to comment on behalf of BMW UK. I hope that this reply clarifies the situation and I am sorry if we did not resolve your query in the first instance. Should you require any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

BMW Group UK
Carl Stokes
Customer Information Executive
Ellesfield Avenue
Bracknell RG12 8TA
Tel: 0800 325 600
Fax: 0870 5050 206
Email: customer.information@bmw.co.uk
URL: www.bmw.co.uk

Sent: 23 February 2011 19:31

To: BMW Customer Information
Subject: JB: [SRNUMBER=1-6641861460]

Is there any update on 6NR? Only the attached PDF again contradicts the information previously given by BMW UK on 6NR's availability as an accessory. Refer to note on last line of PDF

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0