View Single Post
      04-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
CaliRubicon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 35i

Anyone else having strange locking behavior?

1 month and 1500 miles on 2012 x3 35. So far we love the car but have had a couple of strange events recently.
First I was getting fuel and locked the car with sunroof open. Went in paid and came out. Unlocked car to fuel the locked it again to go in for change. All of this with the fob. When I came out the car did not respond to the fob except I could open and shut the rear hatch. Had to unlock with the hard key in fob.

Second:the next day I was with the family out shopping and the boy and I went into a store and left mom and baby in the car with the engine running. When I came out the wife had rolled the window down halfway so I began to speak to her. As I did the boy wigled not fully opened the passenger door handle. As soon as he did the car locked all doors and rolled up passenger window. Once again fob did not work and this time as my wife was inside I was able to determine that the master lock button on the dash was also not functioning. The rear hatch was still operable though. Unlocked with key as before.

The next stop locked up as normal. When we returned I opened the rear hatch via fob and then unlocked the car via fob. As I opened one of the rear doors the alarm went off and would not stop until I started the car.

When we were back at home I tried recreating these problems but no such luck. But I did notice as I was doing so that when I giggled the door handle front passenger side that the gas hatch made a clicking sound as if the locking mechanism was actuating on and off.

Also when I went out later, maybe an hour or so after the daytime running lights were still on and I had to turn the car on then off again to get them to turn off.

I know chasing things like this can be a pain so I was hoping one of you out there had already delt with an issue like this so I could point my shop to the cause. They have it in for "evaluation" and we will see what they come up with. At least I was not told that " they all do that". But they did give me a super fresh ford escape to drive so I guess I should feel fortunate. Can't think of a ford that I have ever said that I had the pleasure of driving. Feels like a stripped down evoke. Haha I kid. Not trying to start anything. But please if you have any insight please share. Thanks and have a great day.
Appreciate 0