Thread: seat comfort
View Single Post
      10-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #19
jbinbi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

thanks for the all comments. i have a 2004 pilot, I love those seats. One issue is that i am wide at the shoulders, and the 128 sports seats are not wide at the top of the seat.

Also, since the 128 is manual adjust, i can't micro tune the position well. If i had to do this again, I would get elec adjustment.

My concern is when i got the 128, (it was cpo at dealer), i took it for a reasonable test drive. Went down a 5mi strectch of rd with lights that you can get to about 50mph, had some exit cloverleafs that I could really throw it into, went onto the highway for an exit and back, etc. Seats felt, OK, nothing great, nothing bad. Car drove great!

After I got it, went on a 2hr trip and my lower back was killing me. Again, this is a sports car, with sports seat, so I am low, at a bit of angle, etc.

I remember my roomate at college getting his dads almost new TR7 because his 55 yr old dad couldn't get in and out of the car in his suit. My 20 yr old kids tell me there is nothing wrong with the seats of my 128i, just hand over the keys if you don't like driving it;-)
Appreciate 0