View Single Post
      05-17-2017, 07:38 AM   #3
mjoshi
Registered
Rep
Drives: Acura TSX, BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMike View Post
Consumer Reports indicates the 2016 BMW X3 is average in reliability. A 2016 Audi Q5 is above average in reliability. For comparison, a 2010 Acura TSX is rated much better than average in reliability. You should expect maintenance and repairs on the BMW X3 to be significantly more costly than for your Acura. The AWD and turbochargers on the BMW and Audi increase complexity and maintenance requirements relative to your Acura.

How was the X3 maintained to date? Mike Miller, the tech editor for BMW Car Club of America, suggests more frequent and comprehensive maintenance for a BMW if you intend to keep it beyond 100K miles. In particular, more frequent oil changes and other fluid changes may be advisable. For example, if the X3 oil change intervals were prolonged during the first 40K miles, this may impact reliability over the years you plan to keep your car.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=652218
Thank you that was helpful. So looks like if intending to keep beyond 100K, in that case Acura or Lexus is better buy compared to BMW or Audi ?
Another related question with regards to 2016 X3 that I've found, I looked up CARFAX and it shows that car was serviced once during this 40,000 mile period. Car was purchased in June 2015, It is 2016 model but looks like in 2 years time frame, it has put on lot of miles. Should I be looking at different vehicle ?
Thanks for your input.

Last edited by mjoshi; 05-17-2017 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 0