Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sm View Post
Hello guys, I have been doing research on ways of lowering the X3 comfortably and found a lot of mixed reviews. I thought it would be a good idea to put our suspension upgrades/reviews in one thread. There are a lot of threads about this, but its good to get a collective here.

Available for the F25 X3:
Coil-overs: Megan Racing (Lowers 1.00 - 3.00 inches confirmed with Megan), KW V2
Springs: H&R, Eibach, FK Automotive
Shocks: Bilstein B6 / B4 Sport / B4 OE, KONI Red

Back in the day a lot of folks would modify their E36M3 using H&R springs and Bilstein shocks and everyone single one of them complained how harsh the ride became. Since then I still see people using H&R springs and complain about ride quality. Now I know a lot of people love those brands but I prefer Eibach they seem to do the job w/less compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDBoss View Post

There is a place where all dirt from the road will got to this bolt easily. Number 3 on the diagram.

Going to completely remove wheel carrier this week and drill out this bolt.
I snapped that bolt on my previous E70 X5, while replacing my rear strut mounts. In my case the part the screw went into had a weep hole that let water in to the threads near the tip of the screw and rusted gunked up the insides. I had no problem getting the screw out but put it back in temporarily to jack up the shock and then went to take it out to replace with a new one. Should have left it alone. The crude locked up the screw's fine threads and of course I was dead set on getting it out. Well, a tow to an independant and $400+ later the screw was drilled out and replaced it w/the new one.

All this to say... see if there is a weep hole and to see if you can flush the crap out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sm View Post
Wow really? I thought its possible to wiggle it out without dropping frame or the shafts. Maybe this is why no one designed sway bars for this car because you have to disassemble half the car to remove them, most people wont do that.
Yeah, on the F25/F26 and probably others you have to drop the entire rear subframe but until seeing HDBoss' pictures, I didn't realize just how painful it is!

Last edited by omasou; 02-07-2019 at 09:04 AM..
Appreciate 0