View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 04:14 AM   #108
Randeyman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i (F25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
It is a debatable question. You would lose the warranty if it can be proved that a change of setting is the cause of the degradation of a part. Example: change of settings to door openi
Gs, closing, tail gate closing, suppressing warnings, DVD in motion, displaying tyre pressures etc won't stress car parts beyond normal operations.

If you have saved your original cafd files, you can always go back to original settings. In such case, don't read the cafd file values from the car, use the original saved cafd files. There are other ways too but I prefer this over others as I know exactly what change I m reverting to and not leaving system to set the default values on its own.

April1

I would LOVE to know HOW to place (copy/overwrite/etc) the original "saved" CAFD files (now on my laptop) back into the car, so that it would be like it originally came. I have not seen that information anywhere in these (or other) threads. Everyone says "make a backup copy of them and save them in a safe place" in case you need to return the car to original programmed specs. I certainly did that - I just don't know how to put them back into the car IF I need to.

Any help/advice/directions on that?

THANKS!
Appreciate 0