Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbmw View Post
Fellow new/future X3 owners,
..I can't help thinking about the possibility of the radiation contamination due to the Japan nuclear leak last month....
The only measurable amount of contamination beyond the 30 km immediate no-travel zone has been I-131. This isotope has only been found in tiny amounts in the drinking water. It's virtually impossible for any of it to have been incorporated in any of the electronics components coming form Japan that are used in a X3. In addition, I-131 has a half live of only 8 days. After 40 days the radiation level would be only 1/256th of the initial amount.

According to all reports no Uranium or Plutonium has escaped beyond a few km from the plants.

If you have granite counter tops in your kitchen or any cracks in your basement (which often leak the alpha emitter Polonium -218) you will be exposed to thousands of times the nuclear radiation that you'll ever see from a X3 made with components made in Japan.

One cross country flight in a plane at 35,000 feet or one dental x-ray would be much more exposure.
Appreciate 0