02-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
Sorry, don't believe that there is any iDrive option to turn off the seat belt chime.
Did you have the actual parking brake on (not just the transmission park button)?
I haven't timed it, but I know I've disconnected the seat belt while sitting in the running car and have not heard the chime.

What I'm finding much more irritating is that if you try to engage reverse without first pressing the gear lever interlock button, in addition to the chime, the LCD screen displays a warning message reminding you to "press the [expletive deleted] button stupid”. The really irritating part is the display stays on for about 10 seconds after you’ve pressed the *#$#@ button and during that time it prevents the screen from displaying the rear view camera. If you need the camera you have to wait for what seems an eternity.
That message staying on screen after you have corrected the fault is a concern (as well as annoying!). It suggests that some of the programming wasn't properly thought through and tested. Hopefully it's a one-off.

Re. the seat belt, on a VW it stops after chiming for about 2 mins and you can just drive without a seatbelt. It also only starts above speeds of about 5 mph. I can't see why it should ever come on when the car is stationary??

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0