View Single Post
      05-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Ah, the infamous, ellusive lag most often used to justify not matching up to someone else's driving . . .
lol

turbo lag is part of owning a turbo....just like the head throwing back in the seat syndrome is too.... I do find however that the turbo kicks in here very low which is nice.

What I found on my test drives: DHP in normal mode has way too much lag for me...sport mode helps to make it better.

Lag in non-dhp vehnicles is not as bad as normal mode DHP (b/c dhp normal mode is actually "comfort" and not normal), however if you are trying to do more than every day driving, drop it into sport and not normal.

However....no matter WHICH x3 you have, off the line response/lag is going to be the same...just a matter of fact with standing stop turbos...but 0-6 and sub 6 second is awesome no matter what... please dont mistake turbo lag as time to downshift b/c not the same thing...many people mistake as though....drive around in sport mode and you'll see the difference. (and difference in gas consumption!)
Appreciate 0