View Single Post
      03-24-2017, 08:33 PM   #2214
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 x3

[QUOTE=Almaretto;21468856]Maybe I misunderstood what you mean by welcome screen; I assumed you meant either the legal disclaimer.

Re boot animation: each vehicle is a little different. But, I have mine set to turn off electronics as many other do because I have no use for car to keep running as I am leaving; this way; without fail, I always get animation. I guess you have to decide what is more important, to see boot animation or continue listening to stereo. If you choose to not code my prefered way, then a few other suggestions include the following:
  • Observe how much time you waste between unlocking vehicle, getting into driver's seat, and pressing start. See if it makes a difference if you minimize time taken.
  • Do you use CA or keyFOB to lock?
  • Do you code for mirrors to fold with locking vehicle?

Hm interesting. So to make me understand this better, what's the difference between shutting the electronics off immediately when I open the door, vs shutting it off when I lock the car? Either way in my mind, it's "turning off", which is why I thought its weird that the animation doesn't always start.

Good idea though, I should see if the quicker I turn it on, the better the change I'll have for the animation. I use CA to lock most of the time. I'm not sure if I have the code to mirror fold with locking vehicle - are you referring to folding when I lock the door no matter what? I don't recall seeing it in the cheat sheet, do you know what module specifically I need to reconfigure for that to happen? Would definitely be nice!
Appreciate 0