Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      06-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #1984
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Here are a few photos of the new toy, I hope these links work:

The weather chucked it down yesterday on a treck over the East Yorkshire moors so it didnt stay clean for too long !!

Still getting used to the controls, a few things have changed since my 5 series from 3 years ago.

Initial thoughts:

I was a bit wary about the comfort of the seats over long distances. I needent have worried. Pleased I specced the electric seats as finding a good position was quick and easy.

Cruise control has moved to the steering wheel from a stalk on the left, will just take a little getting used to.

Volume control is now on the right of the wheel, sadly there is no mute on the steering wheel unless I am missing something so the on/off button has to do. Scrolling through tracks or radio stations is also different but not an issue.

The SATNAV is something to behold in widescreen display. At last BMW has got its act together and has full postcode input.

I like the HUD, the info is very easy to read and helps in that the speed limit on the road is shown alongside the actual speed. Putting the SATNAV info up there has to be a bonus for safety. No more looking down at the display or the dash.

I took the iphone cradle out of the 535d so no issues there, phone works perfectly well. I dont store music on it, but I do on the itouch. This worked well off a cable showing album art and the music details. I had a lot of my music on a 32Gb stick. That also worked well, but I noticed that some album art work didnt show, so need to investigate that.

The rear sill seems to be very vulnerable to scratches so need to invest in something here. Currently looking at the BMW sill protector. I think that they have missed something here as I'm sure that 3M film was available for the old model??

Overall I'm very pleased with the car. Its indecently quick even keeping the revs down to reasonable levels for the time being. Just clocked 350 miles so far, so its early days yet, and so far no reoccurance of the 'transmission fault'
Cheers
Attached Images

Last edited by vojak; 06-17-2012 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 0