01-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #8
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Reply from BMW UK. I'm pleasantly surprised with how comprehensive it is

Quote:
Thank you for your online enquiry dated January 21, 2011.

I understand you would like confirmation on what hardware and software will be needed for the introduction of 6NR, mobile application preparation. I can confirm that this will be installed into your vehicle via a software update priced at £130.00 including VAT, with the BMW 1 Series Coupe and Convertibles being first on the release list. In order to have 6NR installed, your vehicle will need to also have the BMW Professional Multimedia Navigation system (option 609), Bluetooth telephone preparation (option 633), USB audio interface (option 6FL) and Telephone USB audio interface (option 6NF).

The new option further enable iPhone integration into the vehicle, available for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. The iPhone is connected to the vehicle via a new snap-in adaptor, which will be available from the beginning of next month from the parts department at your local BMW Approved Dealership. Features of the option are enabled via a new iPhone application 'BMW Connected' that will be available to download from iTunes for free. Some confirmed supported features of the application are:

-Access to social networks Facebook and Twitter in the vehicle
-Stream web radio stations into the vehicle
-Operation of music playback with the Apple iPhone user interface on the vehicle control display

I trust this information answers your query satisfactorily. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0