View Single Post
      01-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #21
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F97/Q5/982 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
You sound like the sales guy... I actually talked to him tonight.

He asked me what he could do to get me to buy now... I said, talk to my wife and promptly handed her the phone.

I explained to the sales guy that I want the car but don't need the car so I'm not in a hurry to order unless there is some promotion or something. I really am interested in the N20 engine in the X3... I actually had another sales guy tell me he heard rumors the engine would be available in the X3. The guy I plan to order from says it ain't gonna happen on the 2012 models.
Well I can't help it, it's my nature (see sign below)

Yes the X3 will come with the N20 this is confirmed but what isn't is when. I'm thinking it will be 2013 model year before this motor replace the NA I6. If the N20 is as good as the one found in the 528 then it is a gem. If the N20 is what you truly want then wait besides you already said you're not in a hurry so why rush. Also there won't be any incentives (low rates/cash back) for a while because this car is selling like donuts, they just can't make enough. I put in my order mid Dec and they are telling me it'll be March before it arrives but the dealers are willing to knock a few percent off the price (5% is about average). Whatever works for you. Good luck and keep us posted on your purchase.
Appreciate 0