09-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #58
alexg62
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayski View Post
I received delivery on my 2013 X3 with sport seats last week (Sport Activity Package and other packages), and so far I am not happy with the seats. I have a Merz ML350, and the leather is ventilated, and seats are supportive and comfortable. The X3 is a great car - very fun to drive; but I find the seats to be very hot on the back and sides (living in the Wash. D.C. area, heat and humidity are the norm). I find myself sweating through my clothes, when that was never an issue with the ML. Also, I am 6'1", 200lbs. Athletic (not fat), and the side bolsters do not adjust wide enough for my build. Overall, not happy and not sure what to do about it yet. Any suggestions?
That's interesting. I'm also coming from ML430 2000 model and also big. I still have my ML and use it couple of weeks per month. I find ML seats too loose and my body just tend to float in it. At first, I was concerned that I will not be comfortable with sport seats, but after playing with various adjustments I find them so much more supportive than ML seats. Heat and humidity has not been an issue for me since I like to run my air on 71 or 72. I typically leave my air on all the time and keep it on automatic even if outside temps are in 70's
Appreciate 0