View Single Post
      04-30-2013, 06:05 AM   #8
Kiernan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition/911 GTS

Hopefully there's nothing wrong, and it's down to the way we get used to things; what previously sounded really quiet starts to sound normal, and then we start to look for problems (I do anyway).

I recently just came back from a holiday in the US and we hired a Ford E350 minibus with a 5.4 litre V8 petrol engine. Not the most sophisticated vehicle I've ever driven and whenever you tried to accelerate the engine made a right racket. When I got back in my X3 with it's little 2 litre diesel engine, it sounded so quiet and smooth that I couldn't believe the difference. I've never been a fan of diesels but couldn't help thinking a good diesel would have suited the van much better.

Anyway, driving to work this morning, I couldn't help thinking that my engine had got a bit rougher and noisier than when I got back last week. After listening a bit more, I was of course wrong and it's just that I'd got used to it again, and I wasn't comparing it with the noisy lump in the van.

Like I say, hopefully yours will be fine but let's see if the dealer finds anything.