View Single Post
      09-13-2015, 08:59 AM   #1
rcsup1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 35i

Bavarian Technic Diagnostic Cable Issues?

Does anyone have any experience using this product on an F25?

I just purchased the basic diagnostic cable from burgertuning and I am having trouble getting it to work. I have the latest software and drivers from the website. I have even tried to reinstall them both twice.

I connect the cable per the instructions light is on and green. I open the software once I connect and it goes straight to the menu to select the vehicle (mine is displayed as 2011+ f25). It never ask me for any model specific information (mine is a 35i vs 28i). It has never asked me to input a VIN either.

After I select 2011+ F25 it it may or may not display the list of modules on the left. Sometimes it does not and gives me a "Generic Menu" with nothing further. When that happens I have to start over and try again.

It takes me multiple times to even get the software to connect during this point ,and give me a menu on the left. Even then I sometimes get a partial with only a handful of items displayed.

Once it finally does display the menu on the left more than half the modules including the engine one which is the one I really need gives me an error ("Communication Error Unable to connect to this module. This may not be an indication of a problem if the car is not equipped with this module")

I also tried the CBS per the manual and it comes to a blank screen every time I try it?

So far I am very disappointed, I have already emailed Bravarian Technic and I am waiting to hear back.
Appreciate 0