05-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #51
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1000RRPilot View Post
I just got the update and have only been driving it just a little since I got the update a day and a half ago.

Unfortunately, so far for me, I don't feel any real improvement in any mode (Norm,Sp,SP+). If there is...it's subtle but still can't feel the difference yet. Maybe just need to drive it a bit to really see.

I first went in there for the throttle delay issue, and immediately went on a drive with the shop foreman. He sort of acknowledged the delay, but then he started making excuses like, "...well it's XDrive..." and "...it's turbo lag" but said he'll still look into it.

Pfft! Whatever...

So they call me back up later giving me the "operating as normal". I sent my service advisor information about this thread, but when I went to pick up car, they said it has the newest, available software and updates. So I get the SIB number mentioned here and ask him to look it up. He looks at it, prints it out, goes and talks to the tech, and they agreed the update may address the problem I mentioned.

Well they say they installed it, but like I said, so far not much noticeable difference, but will keep on driving it and will report back if anything has changed.

Any way to tell that you absolutely have the update? I'm a little skeptical about whether or not the update was really applied.
1. You don't have to drive for days to figure out the difference, you should know instantly.

2. I don't know if there is a way to find out if an update was really applied to your X3.

3. My X3 didn't have Sport but now after update I see three new settings for Sport.

4. My mpg average values were reset as if it's a new X3.

Last edited by April1; 05-13-2012 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0