View Single Post
      09-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #12
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqu1re View Post
I think this is an excellent render. I just worry that BMW is going the way of Chevrolet a few years ago with SS versions of EVERYTHING.
Well an X3M makes a whole lot more sense than the X5M and X6M as the new X3 drives more like a car/sedan than almost any other SUV out there.

If they can make a X3M for around $65K fully loaded it would be perfect, but I see the price getting over $70K like the M3 does now and that will make a lot of people look at a Porsche Cayanne S, then again there will be nothing else out there like it. Who else makes a 4,200 lb small SUV with 450 horsepower, 0-60 in around 4.2 seconds with fuel effeciency around 20 MPG combined? Even people who think there shouldn't be M SUV's have to respect those numbers! could weigh about the same as a M5!

now we just need to see one in the flesh! there have already been photos of the Audi SQ5 so you know that is coming out soon and insiders say the X3M has been given the go ahead, but if it really is coming out in a year (2012 as a 2013 model) then why haven't there been any spy shots? unless BMW is being super secrative with it to hide the new M3/X3M engine?
Appreciate 0