BenDiem
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harplayr View Post
I had a 2004 and a 2010 X3.

There is really no comparison. The new generation is MUCH more refined especially as far as ride quality goes. The old generation really had problems on concrete roads with poor expansion joints, sometimes going into a “rocking horse” motion that was very annoying. The new X3 handles these roads beautifully.

Interior is vastly improved all around, the NAV is integrated better.

I don’t have sport package, and didn’t on the old X3 either. The old X3 was better in cross winds, has better road feel, on-center steering and tracked better. This is not to bash the new X3, but I just don’t get the same level of feedback as I did with the first Gen. This said the F-25 still outshines the competition like Audi and MB in this regard and is quite acceptable. The only thing I regret is not getting the sports option so that in crosswinds I could stiffen the chassis up a bit.

All in all, I’m happy I traded in my 2010 for the 2011. If you have any questions either post or PM me.
^^^ Appreciate your response!

1. Have you noticed a gain in Fuel Economy? 2. How does the acceleration feel vis a vis the '10? The F-25 lost about 20 hp. Can u feel this?
3. Is the step-in the same/same ride height? 4. I'll order the Sport Pkg, as you suggested...

Tks a lot!

BB
Appreciate 0